Friday, May 31, 2013

Excerpts GALORE!

Hello All!
This is part update post, part EXCERPTS GALORE. So, I am working on THREE things right.

Thing #1: Love Has No Boundaries story #1 - prompt can be found here.
Thing #2: Custom written ficbit for KimberlyFDR (won in the Hop Against Homophobia and Transphobia). She has requested a story featuring a MtF transgender character.
Thing #3: I volunteered to write one of the abandoned Love Has No Boundaries stories. - prompt can be found here.

And now without further ado, a brief excerpt from each. The LHNB stories will have the names and title withheld per request of the event coordinators.

Excerpt the First - Love Has No Boundaries story #1

I stood outside XXX's door and took a moment to try and calm the rampaging elephants that had taken residence in my stomach. This isn't a real date. This isn't a real date. I figured if I told myself that enough then maybe my heart might actually believe it.

Finally, I gathered my courage about me and knocked.

I heard XXX's voice, muffled through the door, "It's unlocked."

I took a deep breath and walked in. It was kind of a letdown when it was the same apartment I hung out in multiple times a week - the same messy tables, the same rumpled couch, the same ratty carpet, the same...

My breath caught in my throat as my eyes passed over the same weirdly painted bedroom door, becaue XXX was stepping out of that door right then.

My brain boggled and my heart skipped beat. About 90% of the time, XXX wears jeans and a black t-shirt. The other 10% he wears sweats. I don't know what I thought he would wear to a formal event, but I didn't want to make him feel awkward about his wardrobe, so I hadn't asked him about.

He definitely wasn't wearing jeans now.

You'll have to check in when the stories are released over the summer to find out what XXX was wearing. ;)

Excerpt the Second - Happy Birthday to Me (Custom Written Ficbit)

My heart jumped in my throat and, despite my horrible day, a smile spread across my face when I heard Cris' knock at my door.

My smile turned into a grin to match Cris' when I opened the door and saw her standing outside. She stood a little shorter than I was. Her dark hair was pulled up in a ponytail and her dark skin was smooth, almost glowing. Her brown eyes sparkled as she took a deep breath and started singing "Happy Birthday" at the top of her lungs. She also held up her hands. One held a brightly colored gift bag and the other a grocery store sack.

Before she was able to get through the first verse, I slapped my hand over her mouth and dragged her inside. "Shhh. You'll disturb the neighbors," I said over both our laughter. It was just what I needed after the text from my mother and the name calling during group.

Excerpt the Third - Love Has No Boundaries story #2

I began to hyperventilate. The fear coiled throughout me and paralyzed me. My arms and legs wouldn't unbend and allow me get up and run anymore. The pocket of air between my torso and legs seemed to have overheated and just as I was sure I would pass out and finally be free, I felt hands grab me from behind - hands I knew, hands I reason to fear above all else.

I screamed. I screamed until my throat was stripped and then a little bit more. And then, all at once, I was able to move again. I started when I realized my head was resting on my kitchen table. In the background I could still hear AAA on the history channel speaking about the Gonos Corporation's brilliant contributions which allowed human advancement to continue apace without worrying about anything so pesky as the environment. It made me sick.

I shakily tried to stand up and realized my clothes were completely soaked through with sweat. I slumped back into the chair without thinking. I leaned my head into my hands and fought off the tears. I couldn't take much more of these nightmares.

I was shaking so hard, I couldn't move and more than anything I just wanted BBB's arms wrapped around me. I wanted his strength to surround me and for him to tell me I wasn't going crazy. But that could never happen.

He'd fallen in love with CCC, the perfect, beautiful, put together model. He hadn't fallen in love with the mess of a man I was right now. I knew I would lose him if I let him see me as I was.

I'd likely get him killed, too.

Hope you enjoyed EXCERPTS GALORE. Continue to check back for posting dates on all three of these. :D

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading the rest of the stories that go with these snippets. :D