Saturday, February 25, 2012

Love is Always Write!

So the M/M Romance Group over at goodreads is having this super awesome event right now called Love is Always Write. There was an opportunity for folk to write prompts for moderator chosen photos or to choose their own photo and write a Dear Author letter. THEN, all the authors come out and pick prompts/letter to write stories from.

As you can probably guess, I am totally participating both as a letter writer and a prompt grabber!!! I just chose this photo/prompt to write a story about:


Prompt (from Julia): Shit. You always think there's plenty of time, plenty of chances. Staring down a %20 survival odds has made me rethink a lot of things. I wish I had come out of the closet instead of letting him leave, wish I'd been more willing to rock the boat before it started to sink. Maybe he meant it when he said he's still be there for me, still be my friend.


***

I am really excited as this event last year was what got me writing my first public story ever (Broken) so it has a special place in my heart.

If you are an aspiring (or already successful) writer you should totally go over and check out the prompts and letters (there are over 100 still left to choose from) and get your write on!!!

If you are an avid reader and want to find an author to write you that special story, get your butt over there and write yourself a prompt or a letter!!! Selections are still open for a wee while yet (a few days I believe but you should read the guidelines at the link above for more accurate details).

And, just for fun, here is the letter I wrote. I hope some lovely author will pick it up and write it for me. =)

Dear Author,
He was just hanging out before the club opened when all of the sudden he found himself transported...to medieval Scotland (anytime between 400 and 1750). How is he received? How did he get there? Does he find someone who makes him want to stay in the past? Someone who wants to go back to the present with him? What happens to this kilted club boy when he gets sent back to when a kilt is the regular daily wear? And Author, while I don't mind if there is sex, please give me more plot than sex.
Thanks!
Kathleen
PS If you could somehow give me an HEA that would make me really really happy!!!

***
Be sure to check back later tomorrow evening for Sunday Snog and if you haven't voted in the poll right over there, VOTE!!! Thanks and happy weekend. =D


No comments:

Post a Comment